Now we have the new IT system installed at the Practice Patient Access no longer works as it is not compatible. The NHS app can be downloaded or an alternative to Patient Access is available called systmonline. Please email the Surgery rather than phoning at HARDCCG.DrAkesterPractice@nhs.net if you would like setting up for this and we will respond as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience.
The Practice is pleased to provide patients with access to its Clinical System via a Secure Web Interface.
If you do not have a username and password, contact your practice to register for SystmOnline.
If you have been given an account ID and linkage information by your practice, you can sign up via the link below.
Click here to log in to SystmOnline.
Access To Your Health Records
ONLINE GP ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORD VIEWING SYSTEM
This service allows you to view your GP medical record securely over the internet from a computer - free of charge. The service is completely voluntary. If you do not want to use it, your treatment will not be affected in any way.
What are the advantages for me
- You can choose to share your records with those treating you anywhere in the NHS. You may also wish to share your records with family members.
- You can easily look up your list of medications and immunisations (known to your GP).
- Accessing your record on computer will help you to understand and make better use of the information we hold about you.
- Access can help you discuss your health with health professionals caring for you.
- You can help to ensure that the information we hold about you remains accurate, up to date and complete.
What information will I be able to see?
The system allows you to view the following areas of your GP medical record:
- A summary of your GP record that gives you the most important and recent entries
- Consultations showing the date and professional seen and reason for visit
- Previous medical history showing diagnoses, investigations, and procedures
- Allergies and any bad reactions to medications
- Results showing all investigations such as blood results, liver tests, blood pressure etc.
- Vaccinations and immunisations
Are there any risks for me?
- There may be something in your record that you have forgotten and do not want to be reminded about.
- Some terms may be difficult to understand as the notes are made by doctors and nurses for each other. If necessary please seek further information during your next appointment at the surgery.
- The surgery will continue make every effort to contact you directly as soon as possible about test results which require further action. However it is possible that you may see these online before your GP has had a chance to discuss them with you, for example over the weekend, when there is no one at the surgery to discuss them.
Can I alter the record?
No, only practice staff can alter your record. However if you see something which you think needs to be changed please contact the practice manager as soon as possible. Any changes to your medical record will be authorised by GP.
Can I share the record?
You will be given secure log in details to access your record. You should keep these safe and not share with anyone. However if you want to share your record with other health professionals or people caring for you, including family and friends, you can print off details or show them the record online by logging on to any internet connected PC. If you do print information from your record you must make sure you dispose of it securely.
What about security?
Your information remains under the control of your GP as it does now. Like online banking you control viewing by using your Username and password. You will be responsible for keeping your log in details safe.
Logging off or a power failure will clear all the information accessed online from your computer system.
Only the surgery permanently holds your information. You are advised not to copy information to your own computer but to log on to the secure site each time to wish to access information as it will be up to date and secure. Information may be printed and shared as you wish, but please ensure any paper copies are kept secure and disposed of securely when no longer required.
Will my data be passed to anyone else without my permission?
No. The Data Protection Act states that your personal data can only be shared with your permission. Please see the Information Commissioners Office web-site for further information: www.ico.org.uk
By agreeing to online access, I will be agreeing to use the system responsibly and that access will be removed as a result of abuse of the system.
How do I get started?
- To be able to use the system you must have a computer with internet access.
- You will need to have a SystmOnline account set up with the practice. You will need to bring photo ID with you to register e.g. a passport, driving licence. You must remember these details and keep them secure. You will also be given some instructions about how to login and use the service.
- You must complete a Consent Form - SystmOnline to Record to say you have read and understood this Information Leaflet before you start using the system. This form is available from reception or you can click here to download the form. You can fill out the form before you come in but you need the receptionist to witness your signature.